Treatment for Insomnia, Anxiety, Depression, and Pain
Alpha-Stim Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation
Cranial Electrotherapy Stimulation treats anxiety, depression, and insomnia simultaneously. Skerrett Psychology offers treatments using the The Alpha-Stim® CES device.
Cranial electrotherapy stimulation (CES) uses a medical device about the size of a cell phone that sends a pulsed, weak electrical current to the brain via electrodes placed on the ear lobes. CES is a non-invasive, non-painful, non-pharmaceutical intervention with mild to no side effects.
CES is a US Food and Drug Administration–approved, prescriptive electro medical treatment that has been shown to decrease symptoms significantly.
Safe and Effective Pain Relief
- CES is NOT the same as the electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), formerly known as electroshock therapy.
- Studies show that CES increases alpha brain activity (increased relaxation), decreases delta brain activity (reduced fatigue), and decreased beta brain activity (decreased ruminative thoughts).
- CES treatments are cumulative; however, most patients show at least some improvement after the first treatment.
- This treatment can be particularly useful for clients who are unable to use medication and for those who already take medication but cannot add any more.
- Generally, a 5 week program conducted in our clinic is recommended.
- Units are available for purchase on site.